Regardless of the cause, sustaining an injury while you’re on the job can make it extremely difficult—in some cases, even impossible— for you to perform. This can significantly impact not only your earning ability but also your overall comfort and quality of life.
Chiropractic care has been widely used as a treatment alternative for workplace injuries. The healthcare discipline focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of the full spectrum of mechanical disorders of the spine and the entire neuromusculoskeletal system (nerves, and soft tissues). Chiropractic care is geared toward bringing pain relief and returning the body to an optimal state of health through spinal manipulation and other non-pharmacologic, non-surgical treatment modalities.
If you sustained a musculoskeletal injury while on the job, you may greatly benefit from chiropractic care. Let’s discover how chiropractic care can help you quickly, safely, and successfully get your life back after a workplace injury.
The Drug-Free Approach to Injury Treatment
Chiropractic care addresses overuse, fall, and overexertion injuries, among others through a variety of non-pharmacologic treatment modalities. These include the following:
- Soft-tissue therapy (using the hand or a mechanical device)- This involves kneading the affected area to minimize pain and break up scar tissues and stretching to improve your range of motion and flexibility.
- Adjustments– These are used to gently realign your joints and also increase your range of motion.
- Joint bracing/taping (g., Kinesio taping)- This is to provide support for sprained joints or muscles and promote healing.
- Exercises and stretches- These are aimed at restoring your function and maintaining your mobility and range of motion.
Your chiropractor may also provide the following approaches in conjunction with the ones mentioned above:
- Guidance on nutrition, injury prevention, weight loss, and general health
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulators (TENS) to repair injured muscles
- Icing or heat therapy (Icing alleviates pain and inflammation, while heat helps soothe joint and muscle stiffness)
- Chiropractic massage to relax taut muscles and promote blood flow to damaged muscles fibers
More Than Just Masking the Symptoms
Your chiropractor will look at your whole musculoskeletal system and address the problem at its root. They will also make sure not only that your joints are moving properly, but also that the surrounding muscles are functioning optimally.
To help ensure your optimal function over the long term and reduce your risk of reinjury, your chiropractor will teach you proper body mechanics. Learning how to properly position your body when lifting heavy objects, when you’re standing and moving, and even when you’re sleeping — and incorporating stretching exercises into your daily routine — can be highly instrumental in preventing future injuries.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care on Your Overall Health
When you don’t have proper body alignment, toxins can gather in bubbles inside the capsules surrounding your joints. This buildup of toxins can wreak havoc on your immune system.
When your chiropractor addresses such problem and mechanical dysfunctions, you are bound to experience a number of unexpected benefits, such as:
- Better posture
- Decreased stress
- Enhanced quality of sleep
- Higher energy levels
- Improved focus and nervous system function
- Less stress and headaches
- Stronger immune function
Chiropractic Care in Grand Junction, CO
At WorkPartners Occupational Health, our licensed chiropractor Dr. Christopher Angello, D.C. prides himself on his expertise, extensive experience, and dedication to provide injured workers the highest quality of care, helping them heal quickly and return to earning a steady living faster.
Call us at (970) 5585 for more information about our chiropractic services or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Christopher Angello. You may also use our online appointment request form.